COVID-19 Requirements and Changes:
From 17 December 2021:
From 17 December 2021, all guests 16 years and over, must be fully vaccinated when attending our tour and must provide Proof of Vaccination before boarding as per the QLD State Government Health Guidelines via the QLD check-in app or digital/printed vaccination certificate with photo ID or copy of your Immunisation history statement with photo ID. If proof of vaccination is not provided, you will be unable to participate in our tours.
The health and safety of our customers and employees are and always has been our highest priority.
- Cashless payments: all bookings must be paid in full before travel (including the $20 per person administration/fuel levy). We do accept cash onboard but prefer Eftpos to avoid any contamination with money handling.
- Sanitising stations: hand sanitising stations will be placed throughout the vessel and buses and at entry points. Sanitising wipes will be available for passengers to wipe down seat belts, trays and armrests themselves.
- Enhanced cleaning of equipment: with a focus on high contact areas, entrance points, signage, and changes to our food service.
- Masks: while these are not mandatory from a safety point of view, we will have these available for use if you wish. Customers can also bring their own masks.
- Staff training: all employees have completed the QTIC COVID Safe Training Program and will follow strict personal hygiene protocols including daily pre-screening.
- Social distancing: will be enforced on board as well as at boarding and disembarking to minimise crowding.
- Capacity: we have reduced our maximum passenger numbers to comply with current COVID stage restrictions. We are fortunate to have one of the largest reef vessels in Cairns. Evolution has three floors and is considerably spacious so there is plenty of room to allow for social distancing. There will be signage to allow for everyone to move around the vessel, when required, safely. Passengers are asked to limit movement around the cabin, once seated and travelling between sites.
For our rainforest tour with Billy Tea Safaris, COVID-Safe restrictions for seating within vehicles requires social distancing between staff and passengers. Although COVID restrictions have eased passenger seating, we will also ensure to not allow passengers to sit immediately beside other passengers from other bookings or family units.
Temporary changes have been made to ensure the safety of all of guests. Prices have been reduced to reflect the changes to the itinerary.
- Temporarily unavailable: fruit platter, cheese and biscuits and live music. Mini muffins and a slice will be available instead.
- Temporarily unavailable: semi-submersible/glass-bottom boat
- Changed: Lunch will now be a main meal lunch at a local Daintree cafe instead of a BBQ Lunch
- Temporarily unavailable: fruit platter, billy tea and damper
- Temporarily unavailable: wildlife stop to visit the wallabies
- Requires a minimum of 5 passengers to operate.
Cancellation Policy and Terms & Conditions
Customers can cancel their trip up to 18 hours before travel for a full refund (2 pm the day prior to travel) or up to 24 hours prior to day 1 for Multi-Day Package Bookings. If you cancel within the 18-hour period (or 24-hour period for packages) before travel, no refund will be issued. Rebooking fees of $50 also apply.
From the 17 December, if you are 16 years and older and proof of vaccination is not provided, you will be unable to participate in our tours.
In the instance that your preferred date of travel is cancelled by us, we will rebook you on the next available date we are departing at no additional cost to you. For more information on booking changes and other options contact our Reservations team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07 4052 8300.
Please consider the weather and wind strength before booking. The operator reserves the right to cancel the tour, change vessel type, or arrange an alternative carrier in the event of bad weather or mechanical problems. No refunds for voluntary uncompleted dives.
If you booked through a third-party travel agent, please contact your agent directly regarding your refund or rebooking request first. Please read the agents Terms & Conditions carefully before booking with a third party. Their specific Terms and Conditions are out of our control and may differ from our Terms and Conditions.
In the event that you need to cancel due to Government mandated changes to travel restrictions and you are forced to cancel your tour which is outside of your control, you can cancel and rebook at no additional cost to you. *T&C's apply, please contact Reservations.
Before booking, please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions here.
Check out our Reef Cruise